Saturday, October 18, 2014

Blush Blossom Marker - - No Flesh Tone

I have an old Blush Blossom marker and that is what I use when I water color stamped images and need a light flesh tone.  This marker is no longer available, so what do you do?  I experimented with several colors, but this was my best combination for a light flesh tone.  I used Pink Pirquette as the base and added Crumb Cake and Crushed Curry.  Pull in more of the pink than the other two colors.  Blend until you get the right mix.

If you are going for a darker flesh tone, start with the Pink Pirquette and pull in a little red and a darker brown as well as the crumb cake.  Just a touch of Early Espresso and Cajun Craze should get you the deeper color that you need.  Use the same yellow, Crushed Curry for the yellow undertones.  Just keep blending until you get the right mix.

Hope this helps with the flesh color water coloring dilemma.

Happy Stampin'
Karen Colburn

No comments:

Post a Comment